An opportunity to spread health, happiness and love
“Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.”
A project to provide free and healthy nutrition to vulnerable members of our Weymouth community; to supply, free of charge, food and flowers; and, thereby, reach out to people in need.
God’s Green Fingers aims to:
- support vulnerable people;
- mobilise local churches, and groups and individuals;
- provide free, healthy, natural and ethically grown food;
- brighten up homes and lives with flowers;
- resource free markets, food banks and other local providers;
- utilise peoples’ skills and interests, energy and potential in a beautiful natural environment;
- promote positive mental health, and develop respect and love for the natural world;
- involve different groups in the community including schools, people of other faiths and churches, and those who would
- benefit from meaningful activity in a beautiful natural environment;
- create a ‘bower’ or quiet space where people of any age, ability or background can come to enjoy the beautiful
- surroundings, interact with those working the plots, or just be at peace.
After 18 months of hard work and commitment, our wonderful team of 15 volunteers have made fabulous progress. We have cleared and dug a large space on which we are creating raised beds and planting vegetables and flowers.
We are now regularly supplying the Nest, Weymouth Food Banks and other local distributors.